This week we cover the issues having to do with landing a new sales job or hiring the right sales rep. We talk about how you can better prepare for your interview, impress throughout your interview, & follow up in an effective way. Businesses looking to hire new employees will also learn about some great interview questions to make sure you hire the best for your company.
- Don’t mass apply to jobs. Customize your resume based on what roles you are applying for
- Be as specific as possible on your resume. We all know that customer service involves answering phones
- Research the company before going in for your interview
- Have answers prepared for potential questions
- Get motivated – Shia is here to help
- Be confident yet reserved & respectful.
- Answer questions honestly. People can tell if you aren’t being transparent
- Be ready to answer the question, “What is an area you need to improve, & how do you plan to do so.”
- If you ran into a difficult question in your last interview, be sure to have an answered prepared for this time
- Magic wand questions
- “Sell me this pen”
- Ask what the next steps are
- Be clear on the timeline for hiring
- If the employer can’t ask you a certain question, it is also not okay for you to ask it of them.
- Follow up with a personality test
- Thank you cards don’t go to spam
What is the hardest interview question that you have been asked (or have asked)? Tweet us @pushpullsales
*thanks to BenSound.com for our intro & outro music*