This week we cover the three general categories of sales objections – preference, price, & postponement. We give strategies to overcome all of these objections in a way that is effective and does not involve high pressure sales.
- Ask probing questions like what does “We’re all set.” really mean
- Ask if they have a back up plan, or if they have compared rates lately
- Use echolalia to repeat back what they are saying
- Use feel, felt, found method
- It is all about perceived value
- Compare your product to the industry standard to build value
- Do not offer a discount, re-establish value instead
- You will hear, “Contact me in 6 months,” but do not accept that
- Ask clarifying questions
- Agree to send them info but ask more questions to discover what type of info would be helpful to them
- If they are really busy, it means that it is the best time to save money
What is the most common objection that you hear in your industry? Tweet us @pushpullsales
*thanks to BenSound.com for our intro & outro music*
Listen below, or subscribe via your favorite podcasting platform
Need help meeting (or surpassing) your numbers?