In this podcast we give helpful tips for getting past the gatekeeper. You need to be able to get to the decision maker before selling your product so be sure to listen & gain some resources for your next call.
The book Marcello references is Smart Selling on the Phone and Online by Josiane Chriqui Feigon – You can buy it through our affiliate link here to help out our podcast at no additional cost to you.
- The gatekeeper has a job to do too
- Be confident, polite, & friendly
- How to answer, “What is this call in reference to?”
- Have a plan & a goal for the call
- Gatekeepers are great resources of information – use them wisely
- Take some educated guesses
- Go through higher ups to get to the lower levels that you really need to speak to
- Send follow up notes to everyone you speak to
- Vary the times that you call
- Be honest, & don’t use cheap ploys
- Don’t be vague
- AIDA doesn’t apply anymore
- Ignore “No Soliciting” signs
How do you get past the gatekeeper? Tweet us @pushpullsales
*thanks to BenSound.com for our intro & outro music*
Listen below, or subscribe via your favorite podcasting platform
Need help meeting (or surpassing) your numbers?